On Thursday, September 10th approximately 2 pm., the Southern Park County Fire Department was called out to a structure fire on Chipper Lane, about 15 miles northeast of Guffey.
Eleven firefighters, a pumper truck and a 4000 gallon water tender responded from SPCFD. Mutual aid was requested from Fourmile Fire Department as well, and they responded with five firefighters, a pumper truck and a water tender.
The fire department was able to save the structure but unfortunately, there was considerable interior damage.
Deputy chief Aaron Mandel said, "It looked like it started near the water heater and spread to the kitchen." The fire inspector from Fairplay determined that faulty electrical wiring was the cause of the fire.